Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Green Key Weekend and nostalgia


(sigh) Students on the Green at Dartmouth
image located at http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gallery/

This coming weekend is one of the great times in Dartmouth's calendar year...Green Key.
We have Homecoming, very traditional, Winter Carnival, very historical, and Green Key. There are concerts, sporting events and tons of parties. I'm not really sure what goes on besides that. All the carnivals are fun but there's something about Green Key that students get really excited about. Alums crawl in from all corners of the country and everyone crosses their fingers the weather stays nice. Graduation and finals are getting closer and closer and pretty soon most people will leave Hanover. It's kind of like the last hurrah before everyone buckles down for exam period. It's hard to explain but there's just a blanket of excitement as people prepare for the weekend. My favorite part was the freedom to do everything or nothing at all. May in New Hampshire can either really suck or be incredibly perfect. I loved sitting on the Green (big grassy area in the center of campus) goofing off with friends not thinking about school work and not having to worry about practice since the season was over. You can get great parties in college any weekend but the feeling of being free from your commitments for even a short time was gold.
Right now many of the members of my class are heading back to Dartmouth for this weekend. I didn't even think of it. I go back east next week for three weeks. I should have just made it four and gone this weekend! O well...I will be at Dartmouth for senior week with my sister Jadah and my two best friends...can't get much better than that!

And to relate it back to Betty Jewels (for all those that made it to the end of this blog) i'm going to give Dartmouth students a Green Key discount this weekend. So if any of you are reading this contact me if you see anything on etsy you like!

No comments: