Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Betty Jewels has purses now!

Well sort of.
It's a new project for my days off and when I need a break from making jewelry....hunting for used purses, wallets, clutches etc. Of course to stay en-vogue I must use the word retro or vintage instead of used...but let's face it...it's the same thing.
Once I find my new treasure I put a little embellishment on it to make it more trendy and fashionable.
I prefer stamps since they make inks in every color (or you could use paint) for non-porous surfaces including leather. And they are permanent. So as much as I would love to own a silk-screening thingy stamps are much more affordable and you can use them for a variety of other crafts.


A clutch I bought at an antique store.
(I added the domino). Someones junk
was my treasure! check it out on etsy.

I found a local store that carries my favorite stamps. Yes...I have favorite stamps. Until recently I wasn't even aware that artists had their own line of stamps. Claudine Hellmuth a fantastic collage artist has her own line, unless there are two Claudine Helmuths in the world. I also like Carin Anderrson's stamps.
Ok..enough of my nerdery for now.

No comments: