Saturday, April 21, 2007

Love Jewelry and Fight Cancer


See-thru my Heart(s)! 13$ at www.bettyjewels.etsy.com.
100% proceeds from heart earrings to go to RFL.

For the community of Hanover, NH the time has come to start putting teams together and rasing money for Relay for Life. For those of you who have no clue where Hanover is it is the home of Dartmouth College. For those of you who have never heard of Dartmouth....shame on you.
Anyways...
Relay for Life is still fairly new in Hanover but thanks largely to the students it has been a huge success! This year things are heating up already. I can feel the school record (yeah Track Team) about to burst. But that's a good thing! I hope Dartmouth raises more money every year!!! The big fundraiser last year was a Date Auction (yay track team!). We raised about 1500$ in a few hours. This year the whole date auction concept has been over done (boo to copycats) but no hard feelings. Who knows who will come up with the big deal breaker this spring......my money's on the Tuck Business School. They are not part of Dartmouth but affiliated...and did I mention Tuck is consistently in the top 10 for best business schools. So if anyone knows how to make --i mean raise-- money it's Tuck students.
How to help:
You can go to the American Cancer Society to donate, volunteer, sponsor or find an event to attend.
But if you want to personally help me and my friends you can donate to the Track Team's RFL team.
Or
You can buy some jewelry from our etsy shop!
Betty Jewels donates a % of whatever we have to RFL. For this month if you buy any of our Heart earrings we will donate all money made on them to RFL.


I wear my heart on my ears. 13$ on etsy.

1 comment:

Susan Schwake said...

love the new earrings ms. mattie! i think your link on my blog is broken. will go fix it now.
thinking of you today.
hugs,
susan