Friday, April 13, 2007

Lentils and earrings

Southern California hasn't prepared itself for Betty Jewels. I walk into the boutiques and see only petite (a dime a dozen) earrings that are only moderately eye catching and flashy. I thought SoCal was fashion forward........hmmmm.....well maybe it's just Carlsbad. Anyways, the point to this mini-rant is that I have had Zero success at selling anything to boutiques. A few places looked, took a card and said they would call me (hasn't happened) but most places politely said they weren't right for their clientele. So I guess it will be up to me to bring "big, bold and textured" into the Carlsbad market.


I consider these "tame"...they are lighter, more delicate
but they still hang about 2 inches! haha. You can find
them on etsy.



I think my biggest problem will be that the target market is 40+ and stores are going to make the assumption that only young women wear big earrings. Well I think that is ridiculous. I hate those age rules.....I think that the older you get the crazier you should be able to dress! I plan on walking around in bright colors, big jewelry and even bigger hair until I can't walk anymore! I will celebrate any age by decorating my self in jewelry and no one will dare say a thing!


And these pieces are small to me! Both the snowladies (left) and mini
cut-outs can be found on etsy.

1 comment:

Susan Schwake said...

these are darling tinies mattie!
thanks for the link. will be doing the same for you...
will also find out from friends some prospects for you out there...
thinking of you!
susan